[Snort-users] Red Hat or Mandrake?

Abe L. Getchell abegetchell at ...530...
Tue Jan 15 19:40:02 EST 2002

> Hello Abe!  Glad to see you're still alive and kickin'!

Hey Erek!  Yeah, still alive and kickin', just been lurking for the last
month or so.  Time is scarce these days between work, working out, and
spending time with my girlfriend.  Can't say I mind though, at least
about the latter! 8D

> *cough*  *cough*  I'm sorry, I couldn't hear that, I've got a
> security hole in my RPMs.  ;-)

D'oh! =D

> <snip> "Use the _best_ OS for the job." <snip>

This is _the best_ advice someone could take when trying to decide on
what OS to run Snort.  Use what you know _you_ (or your client) can
manage, secure, and squeeze all the performance out of... unless of
course it's Solaris x86.  I'm kidding!  I'm kidding! ;-)

Thanks,
Abe

--
Abe L. Getchell