[Snort-users] Puzzled with snort rules...

Edwin Gaton Pua, Engineer BIE,SCV EDWIN at ...4577...
Tue Jan 15 17:55:02 EST 2002

> Hi,
>
>      I've installed the snort-1.8.3-5.i386.rpm into my RH7.2 box as my ID
> sensor and it works so far when i ran commands in sniffer and packet
> logger mode (with -dv and -l) switches. It shows the real time packets and
> logged them into /var/log/snort directory.
>
>       But i want to run snort in NIDS mode and i am just puzzled on how to
> configure my snort.conf  to communicate with the default snort rules
> located in /etc/snort/ddos.rules, /etc/snort/exploit.rules, etc... do you
> have sample config of snort.conf that communicates properly with snort
> rules?
>
>       Grateful to your response.
>
> Regards,
> Edwin

Subscribe to 6 mths of SCV MaxTV & get a Free Dining voucher worth $128!
Minimum subscription of $30 required. Call 873 3333 to subscribe now. Ts &
Cs apply.

This e-mail is confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete it and notify us at itsyteam at ...4577...
immediately. You should
not copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other
person. Thank you.