[Snort-users] Red Hat or Mandrake?

Abe L. Getchell abegetchell at ...530...
Mon Jan 14 21:40:02 EST 2002

Hey Sebastian!

In Erek's defense, his arguments are well thought out and he has many
good points, we've gone back and forth on the OS issue before... I just
like giving him a hard time about it. =)  Personally, if I was starting
from scratch because the OS I was running on was no longer going to be
released <puts hand over mouth to avoid wise-crack>, I would be hard
pressed to decide between xBSD and Linux.  I chose Linux because I know
Linux and I support other Linux machines.  You're exactly right when you
say, "It's better to do well at using Linux then mucking around with a
BSD you have no idea about", as long as you know Linux and not a lot
about BSD. =)

Thanks,
Abe

--