[Snort-users] snort dns preprocessor

Scott Campbell scampbell at ...4560...
Mon Jan 14 18:45:02 EST 2002

I have put together a basic preprocessor which looks at DNS (UDP port
53) traffic, makes  sure that it can be decoded correctly by the native
OS routines, and keeps a basic notion of state for the client-server
connections.

The software has been tested on Sparc Solaris 8, but should play nice on
other Unix like systems.  Please note that this is not production
quality software - I have had it running for the better part of a month
with no problems or leaks to speak of, but as always this may not be the
case for you.

To get the code, install directions and more information about what it
does, go to:

http://www.geocities.com/axonpotential/snort/index.html

scott

---