[Snort-users] Red Hat or Mandrake?

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt at ...3909...
Mon Jan 14 12:23:49 EST 2002

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 02:42:20PM -0500, Steve Ochani wrote:
> On 14 Jan 2002 at 13:10, CGI wrote:
>
> > My question is Red Hat or Mandrake? Some remarks are
> > welcome!

Debian.

> I would recommend Redhat. Mandrake is based on redhat with features
> added on to make it more newbie friendly and since you have unix
> experience you don't need it.

If he has Unix experience, he'll love Debian.

> Also I find redhat to have fast security updates which are easy to
> find at www.redhat.com/support/errata

With Debian, these are a
apt-get update && apt-get upgrade
away. Especially nice with lots of servers:

for name in serverlist do;
   ssh name ...
done

--
Ralf Hildebrandt (Im Auftrag des Referat V A)   Ralf.Hildebrandt at ...3909...
Charite Campus Virchow-Klinikum                 Tel.  +49 (0)30-450 570-155