[Snort-users] Snort with IPTables

David Lambert dlambert at ...4245...
Sun Jan 13 07:07:02 EST 2002

I have very Little knowledge in this arena, so please excuse my ignorance,
but doesn't the -p (promiscuous) flag have something to do with whether or
not snort sees network traffic before an internal firewall? If this is just
bunk, then could someone please point me to an explanation (better than that
in the snort man page) of what the -p flag does?

Regards,
Dave.