[Snort-users] Running snort on a colo server.

Saad Kadhi bsdguy at ...4401...
Thu Jan 10 10:57:04 EST 2002

On Thu, 2002-01-10 at 11:39, Stuart Grimshaw wrote:
> I want to run snort on a remote server at the opposite end of the country,
> and I'm just considering the best way to get the info from that sensor into
> the local (mysql) db.
>
> What are peoples thoughts on the best way to do this?
>
> I can do it directly as I have with the local sensor downstairs, but should I
> be encrypting the connection somehow?
It'd be nice if you can encrypt the connection somehow. through a vpn
for example or by ssh port forwading of sorts. I have also seen some ppl
setup a remote mysql db & duplicate the contents nightly/weekly on the
local db.

HTH
--
/Saad --  [bsdguy at ...4401...]