[Snort-users] Running snort on a colo server.

Roberto Suarez Soto robe at ...3881...
Thu Jan 10 03:31:03 EST 2002

On Jan/10, Stuart Grimshaw wrote:

> I want to run snort on a remote server at the opposite end of the country,
> and I'm just considering the best way to get the info from that sensor into
> the local (mysql) db.

	In the firm I work for, we just get the tcpdump captures, gpg them,
and send them over mail. Then you can feed them to a local DB using snort
with the same configuration but ouputting to mysql. It's quite convenient, and
very scriptable :-)

--
Roberto Suarez Soto					Alfa21 Outsourcing
    robe at ...3881...				     http://www.alfa21.com