Fw: [Snort-users] what changes are required to move from MySQL toMSSQL?

Szilagyi Gergely szilagyi at ...3673...
Wed Jan 9 02:16:03 EST 2002

 Since MSSQL support is in beta state as far as I know, you can achieve the
same thing with odbc. I use snort on a linux box logging into an MSSQL2000
server on Win2k. Because I couldn't find native odbc to MSSQL on linux, I
use openlink's software, which is free to use for 2 concurrent users in 4
concurrent connections. Most of the time it's not much, but for snort it's
more than enough even with many sensor boxes logging into a central MSSQL
database. The tricky part for me was the compiling of snort on linux to get
everything working, because MSSQL and MySQL have some differences eg: the
way MSSQL handles datetime format. So if you plan to try this out I can send
you the modifications I made. (not much because MSSQL support is already in
beta state so I needed only a few #define directives) And again: check out
http://www.openlinksw.com/.
 bye
    Gergely Szilagyi
    gergely at ...3671...