[Snort-users] RST.B / EGP

Ryan Russell ryan at ...35...
Tue Jan 8 08:57:03 EST 2002

It looks like I was incorrect about RST.b using EGP.  Qualys has done some
research on it, and it looks like it responds to UDP packets after all.
My confusion is because it specifically allocates an EGP socket, but then
goes into promiscuous mode, so I guess that doesn't matter.  However,
there are some particular packet characteristics one could look for.  Keep
an eye out for some more information about RST.b over the next couple of
days.

					Ryan