[Snort-users] Slightly OT - Demarc install issue?

Jeff Newton Jeff_Newton at ...4280...
Mon Jan 7 10:22:07 EST 2002

I'm hoping someone can give me a hand....I haven't been able to get a
response back from support at ...4451... so I would appreciate any
suggestions.

I'm trying to set up the DB schema and it looks like a problem with
DBD::mysql::st perl module.  I can login to mysql with the same userid
and password from the command line.  Here is the output:

[root at ...4488... install]# ./dm_load_db.pl
DB USER? [snort] >
DB PASSWORD? > XXXX
DB HOST? [127.0.0.1] >
DB NAME? [snort] >

User: snort
Password: XXXX
Host: 127.0.0.1
Name: snort

Is this correct?[y/N] > y

Do you already have the snort database schema installed?

You should most likely answer "no" here.  Only answer "yes" if you
have already run the create_mysql script included with the snort
source, or if you are already running a snort frontend script such
as "ACID".

So, do you already have the snort database schema installed? [yN] >
Running Query 1
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Access denied for user: 'snort at ...274...'
to database 'snort' at ./dm_load_db.pl line 174, <IN> line 11.
Access denied for user: 'snort at ...274...' to database 'snort' :

Cheers,

--
Jeff Newton