[Snort-users] Vecna Scan ....

Peter Charbonneau Peter.Charbonneau at ...1479...
Mon Jan 7 05:26:06 EST 2002

I have a snort installation (1.7.x) in series with my internet connection.
I also have a "local" installation on my XP workstation.  My local
installation picked up the alerts below, but my IP address is NEITHER
148.63.230.175 nor 137.165.38.56.

The 1.7.x NIDS does not show the Vecna Scan - no rule for it;  I am on a
totally switched network - my question is HOW IN THE HECK CAN MY HIDS SEE
THIS SCAN?

I have googled "vecna scan" and haven't come up with anything of import.
Can anyone point me in the right direction to solve this?

PeteC

Peter Charbonneau
Sr. Network and Systems Administrator
Williams College