[Snort-users] Snort running stealth on Win2k

Chris Arsenault carsenault at ...4459...
Fri Jan 4 14:12:04 EST 2002

Currently, we are running Snort 1.8.1 on Windows 2000 with 2 3 COM
3C905B NICS in the box.  I was going to use one as a stealth/monitoring
interface and one in order to provide access to the ACID management
interface to everyone in IS.

We purchase a tap from http://www.shomiti.com <http://www.shomiti.com/>

I have data coming from a 3com hub that works great with the win2k
sensor NIC until I throw the tap into the mix.  Anyone get this going?
I have read through the FAQ and various documentation on creating a
listening only Ethernet wire or using a tap but no luck on Windows 2000.
Anyone have any detailed information on this or using this particular
tap with Windows 2000?

Thanks,

Chris