[Snort-users] Stopping repeats in Snort/Acid

Andreas Hasenack andreas at ...1574...
Fri Jan 4 11:34:12 EST 2002

Em Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 09:20:06AM -0600, Madziarczyk, Jonathan escreveu:
>    How do I keep these from popping up?  By simply investigating 6 alerts
>    in Acid, I can generate hundreds of additional alerts.  What's my
>    solution?

You could have snort ignore your IP (something like snort src host not yourip)
or use SSL in your connection, assuming acid and the database are on the same
machine. Otherwise, I think you would have to encrypt traffic between the
sensor and the database, between acid and the database, and between your
browser and acid :)