[Snort-users] flex response and cisco span ports

Rich Adamson radamson at ...2127...
Thu Jan 3 19:15:03 EST 2002

"Use" of a switch port while the port is being used to mirror other ports
has changed between different versions of Cisco software, and varys from
one vendor's switch to another. The current Cisco versions (for small
switches) seem to be oriented towards allowing the use of the port
while the large switches (=>4000) have an optional parameter to turn
the function on or off. User's choice.