[Snort-users] New year, new Demarc

The DEMARC Team snort_ml at ...2629...
Thu Jan 3 05:08:04 EST 2002

First off, we'd like to wish everyone a happy new year. Hopefully our first
release of the year will make it even happier. Demarc PureSecure 1.05 for
Windows has just been released and is available for download from
http://demarc.com/downloads/

Yes, you read correctly. PureSecure is the new name of the formerly
unbranded Demarc Client and Console. This should hopefully lead to less
confusion when referring to the software versus the people who make it.

Microsoft Windows NT/2000/XP clients, as well as consoles that run under
IIS are now a reality. This was definitely one of the most highly
requested "features" and we're happy to bring it to you. There is a
separate client only download if you have no need to run the console from a
Windows machine. One of the nicer benefits is that it comes in binary form
and there is no need to have Perl installed on the system.

We're also in the process of adding an "Announce" type mailing list, which
will be separate from this mailing list. As the name implies, it will be
primarily for information regarding new releases and things of that sort.

If you have any Windows Servers please test out the new Windows version of
PureSecure and let us know how you like it.

Any comments or questions can be directed to info at ...4451...

Thank you.

- The DEMARC Team

Demarc Security
http://demarc.com/