[Snort-users] flex response and cisco span ports

John Roberds roberdsj at ...4446...
Wed Jan 2 10:46:04 EST 2002

tf,

	The Cisco switches Steve mentions here are both IOS based
switches that by default permit the type of rx/tx on the administrative
port by default.  My guess is that you may be using a CLI ("set") based
switch like the 4K,5K,& 6K family.  I would try the additional parameters
inpkts enable on the span setup.  e.g.

6506(enable)# set span 4/40 4/41 both inpkts enable

This should do what you want for the single interface solution.  However,
I like the two interface concept to facilitate an independent enterprise
wide vlan to collect data.

Good luck,

JR