[Snort-users] Help needed: Performance Check & Traffic Capture

Erek Adams erek at ...577...
Tue Jan 1 16:56:02 EST 2002

On Tue, 1 Jan 2002, David Lambert wrote:

> Thanks for the pointer to this. Unfortunately when I tried this it gave me
> the following results. Any idea why the crazy first line? Everything else
> seems to work fine.

None.  That's an odd one.  What OS, Version/Build of Snort and hardware are
you running this on?   Linux based?

> Snort analyzed -235601920 out of 16777216 packets, dropping
> 252379136(1504.297%) packets

If it's Linux based, check the archives from the snort-dev list at
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/ for some patches provided by Phil Wood
<cpw at ...440...> to make libpcap + Linux 2.4(?) play nice.

Anyone else?

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy