[Snort-users] commercial snort

Stuart Staniford stuart at ...155...
Thu Feb 28 16:37:07 EST 2002

Just to let folks know there are a number of players developing
commercial products around Snort.  Silicon Defense was the first company
to offer commercial support of Snort, and we have developed a sizeable
customer base.  We ship IDS appliances based on hardware from our
strategic partner Sun Microsystems and have a management console for our
appliances due in March (to complement the free Snortsnarf alert browser
that we have supported for a couple of years and that is widely used).

There is also Demarc offering management console software for Snort, and
then MSSPs such as Guardent offering a Snort based appliance as part of
their monitoring service.

Stuart.

http://www.silicondefense.com/