[Snort-users] Snort warning: Bad insert in fraglist for FragTracker 0x8fd580

Gordon H. Atwood gordon at ...5167...
Thu Feb 28 13:53:58 EST 2002

So what does this mean, is it important, what should I do about it?

I've just started trying to get a Snort box running.  Version
1.8.4-beta1 (Build 91)
running on an OpenBSD 3.0 system (Intel Pentium II ("GenuineIntel"
686-class,
512KB L2 cache) 401 MH)

As soon as I start it up (eg.  "snort -a full -i xl1 -c /etc/snort.conf"
I start getting these
warnings.  Lots of them.  5 or 6 every second.

I traced the warning to spp_frag2.c in the snort source but beyond that
its meaningless
to me.  I see no mention of it in the snort faq and nothing about it in
any of the docs
that I can find.

So it must be self-evident - but not to me.

Can anyone enlighten me or point me at the relevant documentation?

--
Gordon H. Atwood                                 E-mail:  gordon at ...5167...
Research System Administrator                 Phone:  (780) 492-9930