[Snort-users] Snort ver 1.8.4-beta2 gives bus error.....

Fyodor fygrave at ...121...
Thu Feb 28 12:30:38 EST 2002

Phil Wood <cpw at ...440...> spoke:
> Bummer, I was hoping to actually see the c code above the place where
> it bombed.  That would be the following:
>

> So the problem has to do with whether your c compiler can deal with
> the "bit" syntax introduced by the ':' (depending on if you are a BIGENDIAN
> or otherwise [see config.h]).

We've seen the similar bugs on Linux, RH6.2/Alpha quite a while ago. I
spent some time on it, but didn't find any other way to fix the 'bug'
but to avoid using bitfields on these architectures. IMHO this sounds
more like a compiler bug to me than a bug in snort code therefore the
former is the beast that needs fixes ;)