[Snort-users] ADSL with Border IDS config problem

Mysq mysq at ...2146...
Thu Feb 28 03:15:02 EST 2002

Hi All,

After reading all the info I can get my hands,
posting questions to the
forum and talking on IRC I still have not been
able to solve this
configuration problem. I hope you (this list)
can help me.
I will try and give as much information as I can...

The network configuration is as follows:

               Internet

               ADSL_Modem

Snort_IDS---------Hub1-----------2Nic_Firewall

                                    Hub2

                                Internal Net

(if the schema did not come out properly, the
ADSL_Modem is connected to
Hub1, Hub2 is connected to the 2Nic_Firewall).

ADSL_Modem: 10.0.0.138/8
Snort_IDS: 10.200.1.5/8
2Nic_firewall: eth0: 10.200.1.1/8 (connected to
Hub1)
2Nic_firewall: eth1: 192.168.1.1/24 (connected
to Hub2)
Internal net: 192.168.1.0/24

The firewall initiates the connection to the
internet through the ADSL_Modem
and gets a public IP which is bound to ppp0.