[Snort-users] one way ethernet cable performance

Mike Shaw mshaw at ...3165...
Wed Feb 27 14:42:08 EST 2002

Internal network -> Firewall -> *Hub -> Router -> Internet

*one way cable location

This particular hub will only have 3 or 4 network connections at any given
time:  the firewall, the router, the snort sensor port, and a different
sniff-type analyzer.  I guess my perception is that if the one way cable is
rebroadcasting all the packets back into the hub, does that double the
traffic and/or greatly magnify any network troubles on that hub?

-Mike