[Snort-users] one way ethernet cable performance

Chris Green cmg at ...671...
Wed Feb 27 14:35:08 EST 2002

Mike Shaw <mshaw at ...3165...> writes:

> I'm about to work up a one-way cable (for use in a hub), but I'm a bit
> concerned about the effect it will have on the network.
>
> Since the traffic is broadcast back out into the hub, does that create
> performance issues on that collision domain?  This will be at a rather
> critical point on a network and I can't afford to introduce ethernet
> oddities.

Please diagram your situation; I don't think we can answer it without
knowing where your hub will be and where the 1 way cable will be.
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...671...>
You now have 14 minutes to reach minimum safe distance.