[Snort-users] Re: Snort Stopped!!!

Alex Pinheiro Machado Rodrigues alex at ...3156...
Wed Feb 27 13:07:03 EST 2002

My sugestion: Install the linux version of snort....is muuuuch better than
for windows and can be used with a very smal computer.
Alex, Brazil

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Taber" <mark at ...5117...>
To: <snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 5:20 PM
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort Stopped!!!

Hey everyone, Mark here.  First time caller, long time listener....

I'm running Snort on an NT4 box using Firedaemon to run it as a service.
The server crashed the other day (not related to Snort), and since
coming back up, Snort hasn't been logging.  The service restarted, but
nothing is logging to either acid (using mysql) or to the local logs
folder.  The alert.ids file (after renaming the old file and restarting
the service), shows up with the current time/date but it's empty!  And
nothing logs into it....any ideas?