[Snort-users] commercial snort

Martin Roesch roesch at ...1935...
Wed Feb 27 12:41:02 EST 2002

Hi Feng,
     Sourcefire is the commercial face of the Snort development project, we
provide professional-grade Snort sensor appliances and Management Console
appliances for users that want to take their Snort installations to the
"next level".

Snort itself will remain open source and free even with Sourcefire
commercializing it, so you'll always be able to get Snort for free, we just
provide all the data management, GUIs, ease of use, deployability, etc that
you get with our product line (and you get it from "the source", i.e. me).
:)

      -Marty