[Snort-users] Off topic - Intrusion.com

John Sage jsage at ...2022...
Tue Feb 26 22:57:11 EST 2002

Is this some kind of a troll?

Isn't that the site that ripped-off^H^H^H^H^H^H^H took snort rules
(and snort itself..?) and built a package that only faintly admits
where it all came from?

To quote:

"...NOTICE
The open source network intrusion detection signatures found on
this website have been created by members of the open source community,
which include but are not limited to snort.org, bugtraq, cve and
arachnids.com. as well as Intrusion Inc. staff, engineers, and product
managers. The open source software found on this website represents
FREE SOFTWARE OWNED AND LICENSED TO USERS OF THIS WEBSITE BY THE
RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS IDENTIFIED IN THE APPLICABLE SOURCE
MATERIALS OR OTHERWISE;..."

blah blah blah...

Just wondering...

- John

--
Most people don't type their own logfiles;  but, what do I care?