[Snort-users] Seg Fault

spyguy703 spyguy703 at ...131...
Tue Feb 26 11:01:06 EST 2002

I had same problem with RH 7.2 and built from source and things worked ok...

Slightly off topic ranting:

FWIW and IMHO, run your snort'er on a headless (no x-windows) FreeBSD box.
FreeBSD supposedly has the fastest TCPIP stack and when you follow the
"FreeBSD, MySQL, and Snort how to" guide, you can end up with a very plain os
that end up being more secure. You still need a fw, but at least the OS is
secure!