[Snort-users] Performance testing

counter.spy at ...348... counter.spy at ...348...
Sun Feb 24 02:16:07 EST 2002

Salut Fabrice,
comment va tu?

Maybe this comes a little late, but I am reading my snort-mail in batch-mode
;-).

The appendix contains a list of docs and articles on IDS I have read,
although written in German, I am afraid.
I am quite sure you will find something about performance testing there,
e.g. take the NSS group test, the paper of Marcus J. Ranum, CTO of NFR , the
ubiquitous „Insertion, Evasion and Denial of Service: Eluding Network Intrusion
Detection“ (also to be found at snort.org, I think) etc...

I post this here in order to anticipate further questions about ids
literature...

BTW I am also writing my diploma thesis on IDS, maybe we can synchronize our
knowledge...(better off the list then)?

Greetings,
D. Liesen

http://www.gmx.net