[Snort-users] A case of beer on 63.204.135.168

John Kiehnle john at ...1477...
Sat Feb 23 10:57:04 EST 2002

Ryan,

I agree that we should help rather than belittle people... especially in
a public forum. That is what we are all here for.  However,  In an
effort to dispell some myth you hold on host security I include this
idea. Perhaps noone is interested in what you have on your box. Perhaps
they just want to use your box as a platform to attack mine... Now,
 good host security takes on a whole new perspective.  So please be
vigilant about the security of your exposed boxes. No need to make the
cracker's job any easier.  Plug up that XP box befor you win the grand
prize next week.  : )

John