[Snort-users] REACT and RESP problems.

Jason Ziemba jason at ...5055...
Fri Feb 22 11:15:09 EST 2002

I am attempting to configure a few SNORT rules that will make use of the RESP and/or REACT functions.
However, when I add either RESP or REACT to the rule-set SNORT reports that they are unknown keywords and proceeds to shut down..
I have reviewed the documentation on syntax and even attempted to add the examples listed in the documentation as a basic test, no go.

Has anybody had this problem before?
Any ideas on how to get around the problem without sacrifice the functionality these items provide?

Jason Ziemba