AW: [Snort-users] Snort and SSL

Poppi, Sandro Sandro.Poppi at ...3316...
Fri Feb 22 04:09:03 EST 2002

There has been some (amusing ;) discussions on this list about enabling
snort to look into ssl sessions when snort has the required keys to do so.
Take a look on the archives.

But you really don't want to have snort store all private keys!

The only thing snort is able to do is to find that encrypted traffic is
passing but no chance to look into the encrypted data. You can either deny
encrypted traffic on your firewall or trust your users.

So long,
Sandro