AW: [Snort-users] Problems compiling snort-1.8.3 with mysql-suppo rt on SuSE 7.3

Poppi, Sandro Sandro.Poppi at ...3316...
Wed Feb 20 22:15:03 EST 2002

[snip]

> Problem #2: ./configure --with-mysql=DIR
> I do not know where to find the correct directory for mysql-headers.
> The place where the configure-script looks for mysql.h by default is
> obviously wrong.
> Do I have to point to the Win32 directory?
[snip]

No. You'll have to install MySQL including the development rpm which is
called mysql-devel... on a RedxHat system (don't know about SUSE).
Yast/Yast2 should help you.

Additionally you should use

./configure --with-mysql

without the dir.