[Snort-users] v1.7 on NT4 - Can't get my own RULES working?? help.

Bryce Stenberg bryce at ...5010...
Tue Feb 19 13:08:07 EST 2002

Hi,

Since I don't currently have the time to do another upgrade and 1.7 was a
stable working version on NT4 - can anyone please comment on how to run only
your 'local.rules' with only preprocessors of 'defrag' and 'http_decode' -
ie. apart from commenting out all the snort.conf 'includes' and other
preprocessors what am I missing such that even an 'any <> any' style rule
doesn't work?

I'm assuming there is nothing wrong with my rules that I defined? (see
you please let me know.

Thanks for your help - sorry if you have to dredge your memories now for 1.7
version way of doing things (although I would have hoped that 1.8 worked in
the same fashion).

Regards,
  Bryce Stenberg.
     Harness Racing New Zealand computer department,