[Snort-users] Installing Snort on NT4: MSIEXEC not found

Davis Ray Sickmon, Jr midryder at ...5013...
Tue Feb 19 06:56:05 EST 2002

> > What is this 'MSIEXEC', why do I need it and where should it be?
>
> It's the Microsoft Installer. Comes with Win2K/XP/Me but has to be
> downloaded for older versions (I think).
>
> --
> Matt Whelan <matt at ...5000...>

I had to download it for my NT 4 install of Snort.  Also be sure to have NT
service packed up before installing - IIRC, Microsoft Installer requires
having service packed up to 6 before it will work.

Davis Ray Sickmon, Jr
Owner, Midnight Ryder Technologies
http://www.midnightryder.com