[Snort-users] Anyone heard of TCP Drop Records?

Phil Wood cpw at ...440...
Mon Feb 18 16:43:01 EST 2002

News to me too.  You can use a tcp connection to drop records in an sql
database. %^)

Or, you can use the tcp protocol and man in the middle techniques to send RST
packets to one or both ends of a TCP connection.  He probably got "Drop" from
conversations which discuss "dropping" a connection.  The word "Records"
seems like a word from the database community.  I use words like "packets",
"frames", "sessions", or "connections" when discussing things Internet.

You could come back at them using correct terminology with something like:

  I assume you mean ...

Later,

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 02:01:29PM -0500, Jason Lewis wrote:
> I just saw this in a job listing.
>
> Must have strong hands-on experience and be familiar with the latest
> security techniques including TCP Drop Records
>
> I think I am pretty up to speed on this kind of stuff, but I can't find that
> anywhere.
>
> jas

Phil Wood, cpw at ...440...