[Snort-users] Problem connecting to local mysql with new acid

Guillaume guillaume at ...4029...
Fri Feb 15 08:32:28 EST 2002

Dans son précédent message Bruce Platt écrivait :

> Well,  thanks!  It was staring me in the face, wasn't it.
>
> Simple fix was to create a link pointing /tmp/mysql.sock to
> .var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock.
>
> Seems like this is a crude way to fix the problem.
>
> Anyone know a better fix?  I.e., where in acid to change pointer,
> though I suppose reconfiguring mysql to use the acid-preferred location
> of /tmp/mysql.sock would be better.

Well, I was about to say that you also can specify the path to this socket
at the command line when launching mysqld daemon... ;-)

Guillaume

[ Sent with SquirrelMail -  http://www.squirrelmail.org     ]