[Snort-users] Problem connecting to local mysql with new acid and new snort

Bruce Platt Bruce at ...2105...
Fri Feb 15 08:28:21 EST 2002

For the benefit of others, the way to reconfigure mysql to use
/tmp/mysql.sock is to edit the mysql configuration file, which for RH is
/etc/my.cnf.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Platt [mailto:Bruce at ...2105...]
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 11:12 AM
To: Lodin, Steven {GZ-Q~Mannheim}; snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Problem connecting to local mysql with new
acid and new snort

Well,  thanks!  It was staring me in the face, wasn't it.

Simple fix was to create a link pointing /tmp/mysql.sock to
.var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock.

Seems like this is a crude way to fix the problem.

Anyone know a better fix?  I.e., where in acid to change pointer, though I
suppose reconfiguring mysql to use the acid-preferred location of
/tmp/mysql.sock would be better.

Regards