[Snort-users] Question on Howto setup a snort sensor in front of firewall

"Dörr, Oliver" Oliver.Doerr at ...4956...
Tue Feb 12 11:46:04 EST 2002

Hello all
I have a general question about setting up a snort sensor systems. When I
place the sensor in front of the firewall, it will make this system very
vunerable against attacks. Although I would like to analyze the data in
realtime. How can i setup such a system without compromising my security
issues? Would it make sense to setup a system with snort, firewall, database
and analyze engine or is it more usefull to transfer the data (and how?) to
a internal system for analyzing ?
Thanks for any help.
Oliver