[Snort-users] Update: snort/ACID portscan display

Kate Hagen katehagenuk at ...1396...
Fri Feb 8 10:26:06 EST 2002

I see nobody has answered the question, although it
has been mocked.

Well, I'm going to forge ahead, braving further
humiliation, in search of an answer --

I forgot to mention that I did add the path to the
portscan log in the acid_php.conf file.  I do see a
tally of portscans when I click on "portscan events"
in ACID.

But, when I view "Most recent alerts" (for example),
and have a result of (for example):

 spp_portscan: End of portscan from 192.168.30.95:
TOTAL time(6s) hosts(15) TCP(0) UDP(30)
2002-02-08

-- I can't click on the IP address and get a list of
events related to that IP address, as I can with
different types of activity.  Nor does 192.168.30.95
show up in the "source" or "destination" IP address
list linked to from the "front" page of ACID.

There is no mention of this issue in any documentation
that I have found (ACID, Snort, or otherwise) except
what I discuss below, which seems to be outdated
information.

In hopes of a useful reply,
K Hagen