[Snort-users] file swapping detection

Sheahan, Paul (PCLN-NW) Paul.Sheahan at ...2218...
Fri Feb 8 09:42:27 EST 2002

Does anyone have a list of rules they are willing to share that detect a
large list of file swapping software on the network (Morpheus, Gnutella
clients etc etc)? There are so many out there now, and some of them are not
actually applications, but just sites that you can go to and swap files
through a web interface (i.e. audiogalaxy). I'm looking to put in rules for
as many of these as possible. Rather than reinvent the wheel, I was hoping
someone else out there has already researched this and come up with a decent
set of rules. I know Snort has some checks built in, but I know there are
many things it is missing.

Thanks!