[Snort-users] All seems well but ACID not showing any warnings on Win2k

Fallon, Benjamin bfallon at ...4839...
Thu Feb 7 16:35:03 EST 2002

Hey everyone,

Guess after all of the reading my time to ask the list a question has
finally come ;-)

I installed snort with myaql and ACID as per the URL below on Win2k.  Used
all of their directions and downloads.  Everything seems to be working fine,
no errors, all DB's created fine, ACID did its thing and modified the DB to
add its fields, snort is capturing data, IIS5 working well.  Problem I am
having is that ACID constantly shows no alerts, no traffic counts, nothing.
I have two other installations running on both FreeBSD and RedHat 7.1,
capturing alerts to files and they are picking up everything as expected.
Any suggestions on what I might have missed?  Or has anyone else seen this
and its an easy fix that I am just overlooking?

http://www.silicondefense.com/techsupport/winsnortacid_1.8.2.htm

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ben