[Snort-users] snort-stable vs snort-1.8.3-freebsd

Chris Green cmg at ...671...
Thu Feb 7 09:47:04 EST 2002

paul.stephenson at ...4906... writes:

> Hi there,
>

> Pretty new to Snort and FreeBSD, currently using the version of Snort
> available from the 4.4 ports collection.
>

> Just wondered what the difference is between the snort-stable and the
> snort-1.8.3-freebsd release? Should I really be using snort-freebsd
> releases on a FreeBSD system?

1.8.3-freebsd was the last time we did the formal packaging release
dance.  Current has lots of important fixes and we need to do the
formal packaging release dance again very soon.
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...671...>