[Snort-users] Segmentation Fault

Alwin Raymundo alrayworld at ...131...
Thu Feb 7 05:02:06 EST 2002

Hi Guys,

Thanks to all to help me running my snort with mysql.
Now the problem is when I run the snort through
command line the message is "Segmentation fault (core
dump).

I successfully installed and run it on my workstation
when the time I installed it on my server production
server that segmentation fault showed up. I already
read some on the usenet regarding segmentation fault
but no help.  Is there anyone who encounter this
shared it to me how you solved the problem.

My server is redhat linux 6.2, of course libcap is
installed.  I just uninstalled the snort v. 1.8.3
(rpm) and replace it with 1.9-dev.

thanks for the help in advance.

Alwin