[Snort-users] Running Win2K in Stealth Mode

Chris Arsenault carsenault at ...4459...
Wed Feb 6 13:00:56 EST 2002

Disable APIPA and setup the adapter to use DHCP.  Instead of getting a
private address, the IP will reset to 0.0.0.0 and stay there.

Chris Arsenault
Network Administrator
First Educators Credit Union
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
Microsoft Certified Trainer

-----Original Message-----
From: SkatFiend at ...661... [mailto:SkatFiend at ...661...]
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 11:52 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Running Win2K in Stealth Mode

Hello All,

I know this has been addressed b4 on the list, however I am having
problems implimenting this configuration.

According to an e-mail on 01/15/02, I have disabled APIPA with a
registry key hack, I have unbound under Advanced Network settings IP
from Microsoft.

It was suggested to use a 0.0.0.0 IP address for the adapter, the GUI
interface will not allow you to do this, it either requires a valid IP
address or must be set to DHCP.

Can anyone tell me how they configured this?????

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cliff Arms