[Snort-users] RPM Installation

Chris Green cmg at ...671...
Wed Feb 6 11:44:04 EST 2002

Stephen Hargrove <stephen at ...4889...> writes:

> I'm having problems getting snort-mysql+flexresp-1.8.3-5.i386.rpm
> installed.  I've searched google and followed the advice I've found, but
> the problem continues.  Following is the problem:
>
> # rpm -ivh snort-mysql+flexresp-1.8.3-5.i386.rpm
> error: failed dependencies:
>         libmysqlclient.so.10   is needed by
> snort-mysql+flexresp-1.8.3-5snort

% rpm -q mysql
mysql-3.23.41-1

rpm -q --whatprovides libmysqlclient.so.10
mysql-3.23.41-1

This is a default redhat 7.2 machine.  Is your redhat rpm from the
MySQL people?

> I've set my LD_LIBRARY_PATH as follows:

This will affect run time usage but not RPM dependency resolution

[...]

--
Chris Green <cmg at ...671...>
You now have 14 minutes to reach minimum safe distance.