[Snort-users] Barnyard Solaris 2.6 make issue

Chris Green cmg at ...671...
Mon Feb 4 13:43:08 EST 2002

Steve Rudolph <srudolph at ...4612...> writes:

> I did CFLAGS=-lnsl ./configure
> instead of just ./configure and the make worked!
> Thanks for your help guys!  How much cpu do you think this may save when I
> de-couple the logging?

Well, it doesn't "save" cpu perchance.  It saves the snort process
from cpu usage in hard hit cases like database or Full logging.

If your cpu is pegged and you are using pcap formatted logs and "fast"
alerts, I don't think it will help you squeeze milk from the stone but
you can move your log processing to another machine if you do prefer
one of the more heavy output formats.
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...671...>