[Snort-users] Snort on W2K Server

Ace ace_wizard at ...131...
Sat Feb 2 20:33:02 EST 2002

OBTW, I forgot to mention:  by "right" I meant to have snort "parameters..."

"f:\snort\snort.exe -c f:\snort\snort.conf -i2" (whatever pathspec for your
machine)

...and make sure there is a "f:\snort\log" folder present.

It doesn't say anything about the "log" folder that I saw anywhere, and
doesn't actually even use it either with db output enabled..

cheers

Paul

  -----Original Message-----
  From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net]On Behalf Of Jeff Jennings
  Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2002 8:31 PM
  To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
  Subject: [Snort-users] Snort on W2K Server

  Followed the directions verbatim on silicondefence.com to installation of
Snort & MySql

  Snort is working fine, MySql appears to be working fine, but I cannot get
Snort to save data in MySQL tables..

  Any ideas?

  Went thru everything about 4 times today to make sure I had not missed a
step, but no luck.

  Thanks in advance.