[Snort-users] snort 1.8.4b1 dumping core

Martin Roesch roesch at ...1935...
Sat Feb 2 19:49:02 EST 2002

Any error messages?  Does it run for a while and core or right at
startup?  How have you set your HOME_NET and EXTERNAL_NET?

     -Marty

Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 02, 2002 at 09:34:50PM -0500, Martin Roesch wrote:
> > What output modes are you using?
>
> Entirely the defaults.
>
> > > I've just seen snort 1.8.4b1 dump core twice in close succession on my
> > > FreeBSD 4.5 box.  I'm running with the default config file from the
> > > latest CVS snort ruleset, modulo HOME_NET and EXTERNAL_NET.  Both
> > > crashed in the same place:
>
> Kris

Martin Roesch - Founder/CEO, Sourcefire Inc. - (410)552-6999
Sourcefire: Professional-grade Snort Sensor and Management Console
appliances