[Snort-users] snort-1.8.3 compile with GCC.....!!!!

PAD HOSMANE phosmane at ...4617...
Fri Feb 1 11:58:16 EST 2002

Hi,
  I tried compiling snort-1.8.3 with ANSI C compiler on HP-UX 11.00, but
configure creates makefile for win32 ( i had already put a mail regarding
this issue). Now I am trying luck with gcc. I am getting the following error
when I run configure

#./configure --with-libpcap-includes=/usr/local/include  --enable-flexresp -
-with-libpcap-libraries=/usr/local/lib    --with-openssl=/opt/openssl CC=gcc
LDFLAGS=-L/opt/gcc/lib
checking for a BSD compatible install... /opt/imake/bin/install -c
checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
cannot create executables

Anybody idea why am i getting the above error???

Thanks